10) Although I was the only one who couldn’t smell the reported funk in my refrigerator that my other family members smelled, apparently I am the only one capable of locating the offending item and throwing it out. Go figure!
9) Taco Sauce has a longer shelf-life than there are years in a turtle’s natural life span.
8) Under the right conditions, hot dogs can turn from a solid state to a liquid state.
7) If you clean out the refrigerator, and all five shelves were jammed full to start with, by the time you’re done, you’ll have only two semi-filled shelves which contain, exclusively, taco sauce.
6) We are the proud owners of mustard that expired in the year 2010.
5) If taco sauce can outlive most everything else in my fridge, and Ryan eats taco sauce on everything, then it is probably doing something evil to the lining of Ryan’s stomach.
4) We buy WAY too much yogurt and salad dressing (and yet, I didn’t throw away one thing with chocolate in its list of ingredients. Hmmm….)
3) If the expiration date of an item has worn away, that is a bad sign.
2) It is sometimes just safer to throw an item away than to open it up and make sure it is rotten.
And the number one thing I learned while cleaning out my refrigerator is— (can I get a drum roll, please?)
We need to clean the refrigerator out more often.